Tel: 510-893-3636         
Home Insurance

We offer variety type of homeowner and rental property insurance programs and various discounts
  • Non-Smoker
  • New Home or Home Renovation
  • Auto/Home/Life
  • Protective Devices such as Central Burglar Alarm
  • Automatic Sprinkler System
  • New Home or Home Renovation
Home Insurance
File Claim
Get a Quote


Your house and separate structures are covered for almost every type of damage, except for common exclusions such as wear and tear, earth movement, earthquake, flood and nuclear hazard. In addition, attached structures and wall-to-wall carpeting is covered. Separate structures on your property, other than those used for business purposes (such as detached garage or toolshed), are covered.

Personal Property

You’ll rest easy knowing that your personal possessions inside are also covered. Personal property away from the premises is also covered anywhere else in the world. While your house is covered for most types of damages, your personal property is covered for damages resulting from:
  • Fire, lightning, windstorm or hail
  • Explosion
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Aircraft or vehicles
  • Smoke, if sudden and accidental
  • Vandalism or theft
  • Falling objects
  • Weight of ice, snow or sleet
  • Water or steam-accidentally discharged from a plumbing system or appliance
  • Sudden and accidental bulging, cracking, rupture or burning of steam or hot-water heating systems and water heaters
  • Sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current*
  • Freezing of a plumbing, heating or air conditioning system or household appliance
*Loss to transistors or similar electronic components not included.

Loss of Use/Additional coverage

If you can’t live in your house after a covered loss, you are covered the additional cost of living in hotels, meals, etc. In addition, you will be reimbursed for any loss of rents resulting from that portion of your house/property rented to others being unlivable.

Personal Liability

As a homeowner, you want to feel secure from threat of liability damages. Your coverage pays for bodily injuries to other people, or damage to their property, if you are liable, resulting from:
  • The use of your premises, including swimming pools, if it’s a one or two unit family dwelling
  • Other residential property you use as a rental, if you choose to add it
  • The acts of your pets
  • Unintentional acts committed by you or qualified family members, either on or off your premises
The coverage also pays medical payments for other people injured on your premises, regardless of liability, up to certain limits.
Your coverage also includes expenses in a suit defended on your behalf, such as court costs and attorney, investigator and witnesses fees.

Personal articles floater

This extends coverage for certain of your personal articles, such as jewelry, furs or fine arts, when their value is higher than the limits stated in the policy. You are paid up to the insured value of the article. Contents replacement cost—You can extend coverage on your personal property to include the cost of repair or replacement without deduction for depreciation.


Coverage for flood is available from National Flood Insurance Program.

This is not a policy contract but a general description. The policy itself should be read for the coverages and exclusions.
File claim
Got a Quote
City, State Zip
Contact Tele

Copyright © 2010 Cheng Insurance Agency | CA Lic #0B48239